You can apply for a National Entitlement Card for free or discounted travel if you're disabled or over 60.
What is it a National Entitlement Card?
A National Entitlement Card (NEC) card gives you free travel on most bus services and discounts on some train and subway fares.
It can also be used for a:
- bus pass
- library card
- leisure membership card
- Young Person's card for 11 to 25 year olds
How to apply
You can get an application from the post office, an SPT travel centre or Buchanan Bus Station.
Applications can be made from 14 days before your 60th birthday.
You can apply at an SPT travel centre, Buchanan Bus Station or your local council.
What you need
A recent passport sized photo.
Proof of age such as a:
- Birth certificate
- Photo driving license
- Proof of entitlement
Please note, award letters should be dated within the past 12 months and show the applicant's name and address.
Proof of address such as a:
- current council tax bill
- council rent book
- gas, electricity or phone bill dated within the past 3 months
- bank statement dated within the past 3 months
- current television licence
- letter from residential home confirming you live there
- letter from the Home Office or Immigration Office
- letter from school/college/university
Processing your application
Once your application has been received with all the correct documentation, your NEC will be issued to your home address within 14 days for an over 60 application and 15 working days for a disabled application.
Phone: 0141 577 3001