East Renfrewshire Renewable Energy Fund
Find out what type of project is eligible and how to apply for money.
Applications for funding from the East Renfrewshire Renewable Energy Fund are now closed for 2023.
What's the East Renfrewshire Renewable Energy Fund?
The fund aims to help projects that benefit East Renfrewshire communities.
The money comes from renewable energy projects in East Renfrewshire. We run the fund with contributions from:
- Scottish Power Renewables
- Whitelee Windfarm
- Middleton Windfarm
East Renfrewshire projects with a minimum cost of £20,000. Projects need to meet one of more of these priorities:
- Community facilities and services such as hall refurbishment or buying equipment and vehicles
- Community or local events such as summer fairs or special event
- Environmental projects such as planting trees or building baths
- Heritage projects such as history trails or statue conservation
- Skills and employment such as training equipment
- Sport and recreation such as upgrading play areas or buying sports equipment
- Youth and education such as clubs, Brownies or nursery and school projects
Before you start
If you've a project idea, get in touch to discuss the scope of the idea and whether you might qualify.
Depending on the project you might need to provide:
- Detailed drawings
- Event details
- Project timescales
- Detailed costings
- Permissions, unless an application for them is part of the grant
How to apply
- Read our East Renfrewshire Renewable Energy Fund (ERREF) Application guidelines
- Read the General conditions of the grant.
- Request a discussion with Economic Development Officers by email to email@example.com
- FIll in an Expression of Interest Form* and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the ERREF Application form* and return to: email@example.com along with supporting documents
(To complete the PDF version, download it and open in Acrobat then Click the "Fill & Sign" tool in the right pane).
Ensure completed applications are submitted by Friday 22 September 2023.
What happens next?
Applications are considered and awarded by the ERREF panel. The Council endeavours to notify applicants on the outcome of their application within three months of the closing date.