Find out what type of project is eligible and how to apply for money.
We are no longer accepting applications for 2020 and will reopen for applications in 2021.
What's the East Renfrewshire Renewable Energy Fund?
The fund aims to help projects that benefit East Renfrewshire communities.
The money comes from renewable energy projects in East Renfrewshire. We run the fund with contributions from:
- Scottish Power Renewables
- Whitelee Windfarm
- Middleton Windfarm
East Renfrewshire projects with a minimum cost of £20,000. Projects need to meet one of more of these priorities:
- Community facilities and services such as hall refurbishment or buying equipment and vehicles
- Community or local events such as summer fairs or special event
- Environmental projects such as planting trees or building baths
- Heritage projects such as history trails or statue conservation
- Skills and employment such as training equipment
- Sport and recreation such as upgrading play areas or buying sports equipment
- Youth and education such as clubs, Brownies or nursery and school projects
Before you start
If you've a project idea, get in touch to discuss the scope of the idea and whether you might qualify.
Depending on the project you might need to provide:
- Detailed drawings
- Event details
- Project timescales
- Detailed costings
- Permissions, unless an application for them is part of the grant
How to apply
Email a complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must also print the form and post it back to us with the required attachments - see checklist on the application form.
East Renfrewshire Council Headquarters
Rouken Glen Road