Place Based Investment Programme
Information about our Place Based Investment Programme and how to apply
East Renfrewshire Council invites applications for capital projects that support community-led local economic development and regeneration as part of the Scottish Government's second round of its Place Based Investment Programme (PBIP).
The Council is set to receive around £2.3m over the lifespan of the PBIP programme and this round's allocation is £551,000. Funding could be used, for example, to make environmental improvements to neighbourhoods and greenspaces or make better use of land and existing buildings.
Applications should be able to demonstrate wider community involvement and support and should complement the Council's Community Plan, Fairer East Ren, and also the Council's economic development ambitions for the area.
Expressions of interest are recommended prior to making a full application. The deadline for applications is the 30 June 2022 and we encourage potential applicants get in touch with our Economic Development team as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0141 577 3325 so that one of our Economic Development Officers can offer advice and guidance on the process.
- to link and align place based initiatives and establish a coherent local framework to implement the Place Principle
- to support place policy ambitions such as town centre revitalisation, community led regeneration, 20 minute neighbourhoods and Community Wealth Building and Inclusive Growth
- to ensure that all place based investments are shaped by the needs and aspirations of local communities; and
- to accelerate our ambitions for net zero, wellbeing and inclusive economic development, community involvement and ownership, and tackling inequality and disadvantage.
Who Can Apply?
The applicant must be able to demonstrate support for their initiative from people in the local East Renfrewshire community and applications are open to:
- Community Groups
- Public sector organisations
- Housing Associations
- Health and Social Care Partnerships
- East Renfrewshire Council services
- Private companies or individual businesses as long as the proposal does not result in a single operator's private gain.
- have a bank account
- be a constituted organisation with a nominated signatory in order to proceed with funding awards
- be willing to provide progress updates and information in a timely manner
How much can the organisation apply for?
We recognise that projects can vary significantly and Economic Development Officers would be happy to speak to organisations about your application.
The minimum you can apply for is £5000. While there is no maximum it should be noted that the council is keen to ensure the PBIP fund supports significant change for East Renfrewshire communities through community projects, maximising the funding for round 2.
Is match funding required?
Match funding is not required but would be welcome.
Are revenue projects supported?
No, we will not support projects that are seeking funding for general revenue costs.
When should projects be completed?
The grant is to be used in the financial year 2022/2023. It is expected that expenditure will be met, or at least work or contracts signed or commenced by 31 March 2023.
Applications are now open and will close on 30 June 2022. A general timeline is below although this could be subject to some changes:
- Applications close - 30 June 2022
- Assessment Panel - August 2022
- Notification to successful application - mid September 2022
- Contracts in place - end March 2023
- Works completed - 30 September 2023
It is advised all applicants read through the Place Based Investment Programme Guidelines prior to completing and submitting and application.
How to apply?
- Read our
- Request a discussion with Economic Development Officers by emailing email@example.com or calling 0141 577 3325
- Fill out an firstname.lastname@example.org and return to:
- Fill out the email@example.com and return to:
- Ensure applications are in by the 30 June 2022