Animal boarding establishments licence
Apply and pay for an animal boarding establishments licence.
What's an animal boarding establishment licence?
An animal boarding establishments licence will allow you to run a boarding kennel or cattery. The number of dogs and cats that may be accommodated will be specified on the licence along with other specific conditions.
An applicant must not be disqualified from any of the following at the time of the application:
- Keeping an animal boarding establishment
- Keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951
- Keeping animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954
- Owning, keeping, being involved in the keeping or being entitled to control or influence the keeping of animals, dealing in animals or transporting or being involved in the transportation of animals under the Animals Welfare Act 2006
- Owning, keeping, dealing in or transporting animals under the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006
- Working with, using, driving or riding animals, providing services to animals that would involve taking possession of them, taking possession of an animal to carry out any of the activities listed or taking charge of animals for any other purpose
£86.35 + vet fees (if needed)
You may also be charged an inspection fee (if necessary) in addition to the application fee.
How to apply
Please email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
Your application will be processed.
If you don't hear from us about the outcome of your application within a reasonable period phone Customer Services on 0141 577 4684 or email email@example.com.