Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).



Information and application details on how to pay and apply for various licenses across the council.

You're able to pay for some of our licences online; in this case you'll leave the council website and be taken to the national GOV.UK website to complete the application process.

Other licences are not available to pay online; in this case you'll complete the PDF application form and return it to the council as per the instructions on the page.

The licensing board policy is available for download:

A full list of all the current applications being processed.

Details of licensing requirements for taxis, private hire vehicles and taxi/private hire booking offices.

Details of all gambling and alcohol sales related licensing and information on the licensing board.

All other civic and business licensing including tattooist, skin piercing, street traders, window cleaners, entertainment, catering and more.

Licensing for animal care, pet shops, zoos and riding schools.

Apply and pay for a multiple occupation licence (information under our Housing Service pages).

Apply and pay for a skip permit licence. Skip permits should be applied for 3 working days in advance. An application must be made for each separate skip location by the skip owner only.

Find details of wheelchair accessible taxis and private hire vehicles in East Renfrewshire.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)