Pet shop licence
Apply and pay for a pet shop licence.
What's a pet shop licence?
A pet shop licence is needed to run a business selling pet animals. This includes all commercial selling of pet animals, including pet shops and businesses selling animals over the internet.
£76.50 + vet fees (if needed).
We may also arrange for a vet inspection to be carried out. If necessary, you'll be charged for the costs incurred in addition to the application fee.
Before you start
Conditions of the licence:
- Animals must be kept in suitable and appropriate accommodation
- Enough food and drink will be provided to the animals and they'll be visited at suitable intervals
- Animals won't be sold too young
- Steps are taken to prevent disease spreading among the animals
- Proper fire and emergency provisions are in place
Apply on the GOV.UK website
What happens next?
Your application will be processed.
If you don't hear from us about the outcome of your application within a reasonable period phone Customer Services on 0141 577 4684 or email email@example.com.
If your application is refused
If your licence is refused you can appeal to the Sheriff by writing to Paisley Sheriff Court.
The appeal must be made within 28 days of the refusal.