Find out what to do if you think a business premise has asbestos.
You might be responsible for checking for asbestos of a business premise if you're a landlord, tenant or manager.
What you must do
- If you have a lease or contract, check who's responsible for asbestos
- Find out where the asbestos is (you'll probably need an external accredited surveyor to carry out an asbestos survey)
- Have the material analysed and keep a record of what you find
- Carry out a health and safety risk assessment
- Share the information with anyone likely to come into contact with the area for example builders
- Keep anything containing asbestos in good repair or have it sealed or removed
Variable, depending on the type of asbestos.
Phone: 0141 577 3782