Skip to content

For the latest service updates relating to coronavirus visit our coronavirus information web page.

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Community Information

Report a dog problem

Report dog fouling, excessive barking and stray dogs. You can use the online form or phone us on 0800 013 0076.

What you can report

  • dog fouling
  • stray dogs
  • excessive barking

Report online

Ring and Report line

You can also phone 0800 013 0076.

The line is open 7 days a week from 7.30am to midnight.

What we can do

Dog fouling

We patrol areas with dog fouling problems.

We can give a Fixed Penalty Notice if you don't remove dog waste.

The Fixed Penalty Notice is up to £80.


We'll scan the dog for a microchip and try to find its owner.

If we can't find the owner we'll take it to SPCA in Cardonald.

You're responsible for any costs.

Excessive barking

We'll investigate barking complaints you can't resolve with the owner.

We can give advice to the owner.

You can take civil action if you can't resolve it. You need to write to:

Paisley JP Court
Mill Street

You can ask us for a sample letter.



Phone: 0800 013 0076

Related information

Microchip a dog