Report a change that affects your benefits
Tell us as soon as possible about a change of circumstances that might affect your benefits.
Use this service to tell us about a change that affects your benefits. If you don't tell us within 1 month of the change, we could pay you too much benefit and you'll need to pay it back.
Before you start
You must tell us if:
- your income goes up or down for you or anyone you live with
- you or your partner's savings or capital changes or if it goes above £15,999
- someone moves in or out of your home
- your rent changes
- you or anyone you live with has started or stopped getting Income Support, Employment Support Allowance, Jobseeker's Allowance or Pension Credits
- if you change your address
- if you or your partner go into hospital or are taken into custody
- if you or your partner are temporarily absent from home for more than 13 weeks within Great Britain
- if you or your partner or anyone else in your household are temporarily absent from home for more than 4 weeks outside Great Britain
How to report
What happens next?
You must also tell the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) about changes that might affect your benefits.