Tell us as soon as possible about a change of circumstances that might affect your benefits.
To give you the best customer experience we've upgraded our council tax and benefits system. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience. Our teams are working very hard to get through the applications, refunds and enquiries received as quickly as possible during the time our system was unavailable.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're experiencing any financial difficulty. Our staff are always here to help.
Use this service to tell us about a change that affects your benefits. If you don't tell us within 1 month of the change, we could pay you too much benefit and you'll need to pay it back.
Before you start
You must tell us if:
- your income goes up or down for you or anyone you live with
- you or your partner's savings or capital changes or if it goes above £15,999
- someone moves in or out of your home
- your rent changes
- you or anyone you live with has started or stopped getting Income Support, Employment Support Allowance, Jobseeker's Allowance or Pension Credits
- if you change your address
- if you or your partner go into hospital or are taken into custody
- if you or your partner are temporarily absent from home for more than 13 weeks within Great Britain
- if you or your partner or anyone else in your household are temporarily absent from home for more than 4 weeks outside Great Britain
How to report
What happens next?
You must also tell the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) about changes that might affect your benefits.