Request an additional bin
Use this service to request an additional bin.
Use this service to request an additional bin for your property.
An additional general waste bin is provided for 2 years. You'll need to reapply if you think you need to continue with the additional bin.
To request additional recycling wheelie bins, box, bag or food waste caddy you're only asked to complete the request form below. There's no need to renew your application once approved.
We don't provide additional food and garden brown wheelie bins.
You can request an additional general waste grey wheelie bin if you meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
- 6 or more permanent residents
- 2 or more children in nappies
- a resident with a medical condition that results in waste such as incontinence pads or large amounts of dressings
- exceptional circumstances that can be reviewed at the discretion of the waste department
There's no eligibility criteria for requesting additional recycling bins.
Before you start
You need to know:
- which type of additional bin you need
- the names and ages of permanent residents if relevant to your application (general waste only)
- any supporting information relevant to your application (general waste only)
How to request
What happens next
If you're applying for an additional general waste grey wheelie bin, you'll be asked to fill in a waste diary over a 3 week period. You'll also need to sign a declaration stating you'll continue to use the recycling service. If you don't use the recycling service your additional bin could be removed.
Once your additional bin has been approved, we will aim to deliver your new bin within 10 working days however this timescale may be extended due to the ongoing pandemic and the required health and safety measures in place.