Find out about end of life and palliative care, which offers people the choice to remain in their own homes as they near end of life.
End of life care
- An experienced district nursing service who work 7 days from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- An evening service district nurse who'll work from 6.30pm to 10.30pm
- Marie Curie services including night sitting, are available for end of life care to give support to carers in the home
Who can access the service?
Anyone who requires nursing care in the home and are nearing the end of their life.
You can self refer or be referred by:
- your doctor
- a relative
- a carer
- palliative care nurse specialists
What's palliative care?
Palliative care is a part of end of life care for critically or terminally ill people and their families. It includes physical, emotional and spiritual care.
- A full assessment from a district nurse and ongoing support for you and your family.
- Referral to the Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice or Accord Hospice for support at any stage of your illness
- Referral to a local outreach clinic in the Eastwood Health and Care Centre for expert advice, knowledge and support
Specialist palliative care
Specialist palliative care is also offered by the following charities by the Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice and Accord Hospice.