Learning Disability team
Information about the Learning Disability team.
About the team
The Learning Disability team provide services to East Renfrewshire residents over the age of 16 that have a learning disability.
Individuals with learning disabilities tend to have significant, lifelong conditions that affected their development in childhood. This means they may need help to cope on their own, understand information and learn skills.
We aim to provide person centred opportunities based on a full holistic assessment, which provides social inclusion, independence and self-care to achieve positive outcomes, such as feeling safe and healthy.
If you or a member of your family is disabled our team are here to help. They can:
- give you and your family, carer or other health professional information, support and advice
- undertake an assessment of yours and look at how they can best be met
- support your health care needs, especially if you have difficulty accessing health care services
- promote social inclusion, independence and self-care
- help you meet the outcomes that are important to you
The team work to ensure that, as far as possible, people with a learning disability have the same opportunities, rights and responsibilities as everyone else, and are able to lead as full a life as possible.