Change in household

Tell us about changes that affect the amount of council tax you pay including the number of adults living in the property.

Win a £100 East Renfrewshire gift card! -Sign up to MyEastRen and Council Tax Online paperless billing to enter our prize draw. We have five gift cards to giveaway.

What changes do I need to tell you about?

You should complete a change in household application to let us know if someone has moved in or out of your property. This could be your partner or child. It's important you tell us as soon as the change takes place as it will affect the amount of council tax you pay.

What evidence do I need to submit?

If someone is moving out of your property, depending on circumstances you'll need to provide

  • a copy of their council tax bill to show the individual registered at forwarding address
  • a copy of legal separation agreement if the move out is the result of a separation

How do I submit my change in household?

You can submit your change in household application by registering for Council Tax online.

Once registered go to the change in household section.

Apply online

What happens next?

If you submit your change in household application online, we'll process your application as follows:

  • Stage 1 - Submit online
  • Stage 2 - Application processed
  • Stage 3 - Email confirmation - change approved
  • Stage 4 - Change applied to your Council Tax account
Last modified on 16 February 2024