You can make a high hedge application if it's blocking light to your house or garden.
When you can make a high hedge application
The hedge must:
- form a line of 2 more tree or shrubs
- be more than 2 metres high
- form a barrier to light in your house or garden
Before you can make a high hedge application
- be the owner or occupier of the affected property
- have tried to resolve things with the hedge owner
- keep records of dates and things you do to try to resolve it
- write to the hedge owner at least twice in the last 6 months - 1 must be by recorded delivery or from a lawyer
- send copies of the letters and any replies with your application
How to make a high hedge application notice
You can only make an application as a last resort if you can't resolve the dispute any other way.
Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
You must send evidence with your application.
High hedge application fee
The fee is £500.
How to pay
We no longer accept cheques. You can only pay by debit card or credit card.
You can also phone our payment centre on 0141 577 3008.
Lines are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.15pm. You must quote the reference number or address.
After you submit a high hedge application
We'll check the application. We'll also decide if you've done enough to resolve the issue yourself.
If we go ahead with the application we'll:
- contact the hedge owner
- visit the site
- make a decision
We'll write to you and the hedge owner with our decision.
If we agree to take action. We may ask the hedge owner to:
- reduce the height of the hedge
- remove the hedge
- set rules about maintaining the hedge in future
Both you and the hedge owner have the right to appeal.
Phone: 0141 577 3001