Occasional licence

Apply for an occasional premises licence.

What's an occasional licence? 

If you hold a premises licence, a personal licence or are from a voluntary organisation and wish to sell alcohol from premises that aren't licensed, you may apply for an occasional licence. However, you can only get licences for events connected with your organisation's activities. 

You must apply at least 28 working days prior to the date the license is needed.

An occasional licence will be valid for no more than 14 days. 

Eligibility criteria

A voluntary organisation may only be issued with an occasional licence if they've not:

  • had more than 4 occasional licences that last for 4 or more days
  • more than 12 licences that last for 4 days or less
  • had a licence issued that doesn't cover more than 56 days in a 12 month period



Application form

Download an occasional licence application form (PDF) [168KB] (opens new window) .

Please email complete applications to celicensing@eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk.

What happens next?

Your application will be sent to the Chief Constable, Police Scotland and the Licensing Standards Officer. They've 10 days to notify the Licensing Board of any comments or objections. 

The Board may ask you to attend a hearing if there are objections or comments. If there's none, the application will probably be decided without a hearing.

If you don't hear from us about the outcome of your application within a reasonable period phone Customer Services on 0141 577 4684 or email customerservices@eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk.

Last modified on 2 March 2021