Pay online and other ways to pay your council house rent.
Phone 0141 577 3030, 24 hours a day.
You must bring your rent card.
Make cheques payable to East Renfrewshire Council.
Write your name, address and rent account number on the back of the cheque.
Pay by cash or debit card by calling into one of our offices.
We are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.15pm.
Between 1pm and 2pm, only debit or credit card payments can be taken.
Help paying your rent
If you claim Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) benefits or are on a low income, you might be able to claim Housing Benefit or other benefits.
If you're an East Renfrewshire Council or Barrhead Housing tenant and claim Universal Credit (UC) you can request a free Money Management Account with Pioneer Mutual Credit Union.
Please note, following this year's rent increase, those who receive UC will complete their claim for the increase in housing costs through their online journal on or after 6 April 2020.
If you need advice or assistance, you can contact any of the following:
- Your Work Coach
- Jobcentre Plus
- Money Advice and Rights team (MART)
Discretionary housing payment
If you get Housing Benefit you might qualify for extra help with your rent.
You might qualify if:
- your Housing Benefit is reduced because of the benefit cap or spare room subsidy
- you need help to stop you becoming homeless
How to apply
Council tenant rent responsibilities
You need to:
- pay your full rent and other charges in advance as it says in your tenancy agreement
- tell us about changes that could affect any Housing Benefit or Council Tax reduction
- tell the DWP about changes that could affect help with housing costs
If you're having problems paying your rent, it's important you tell us as soon as possible.
The sooner you tell us the more chance we have to help you.
If you don't pay your rent you may be evicted from your home.
Phone: 0141 577 3664 / 3707