Report a council house repair online.
Report an emergency repair
Examples of emergency repairs include:
- blocked or leaking drains, toilet pans, sinks or baths
- the toilet not flushing
- leaks from heating pipes, tanks or cisterns
- loss of electrical power or electrical heating
- unsafe power or lighting sockets or electrical fittings
- insecure external windows, doors or locks
- loose or detached banister or handrail
- unsafe timber floor stair treads
- unsafe access path or step leading to property
Phone 0141 577 3700 during office hours.
Phone 0808 003 1601 outwith office hours.
Gas breakdown repairs
Phone 0333 202 0708.
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Phone 0800 111 999.
Repairs tenants are responsible for
We don't look after all repairs in council homes. You're responsible for some repairs including:
- accidental damage or breakage caused by you, family members or visitors
- minor plaster work repairs and decoration
- fixtures and fittings you've installed yourself
- light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
Right of entry
We've a right to get access to council homes to carry out repairs. We need to make sure our homes are safe and of a good standard.
Care and Repair Renfrewshire
You can get help and advice with repairs and adaptations if you're:
- over 60 or disabled
- live in East Renfrewshire or Renfrewshire
Phone: 0141 577 3700