Report a housing repair

Report a council house repair online.

Report an emergency repair

Examples of emergency repairs include:

  • flooding you can't stop
  • exposed wiring

Phone 0141 577 3700 during office hours.

Phone 0808 003 1601 outwith office hours.

Gas breakdown repairs

Phone 0333 202 0708.

Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Gas leaks

Phone 0800 111 999.

Repairs tenants are responsible for

We don't look after all repairs in council homes. You're responsible for some repairs including:

  • accidental damage or breakage caused by you, family members or visitors
  • minor plaster work repairs and decoration
  • fixtures and fittings you've installed yourself
  • light bulbs and fluorescent tubes

Right of entry

We've a right to get access to council homes to carry out repairs. We need to make sure our homes are safe and of a good standard.

Care and Repair Renfrewshire

You can get help and advice with repairs and adaptations if you're:

  • over 60 or disabled
  • live in East Renfrewshire or Renfrewshire

Find out more about Care and Repair Renfrewshire on their website.

Contact us


Phone: 0141 577 3700

Last modified on 15th July 2020

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon