It doesn't matter whether the crime has been reported or not. It may have happened some time ago but the full impact is often not felt until a while after the crime has been committed.
The Victim Support service offers:
- Free, confidential, emotional support and information about the criminal justice system to victims and witnesses of crime and anti-social behaviour by telephone, home visits or office appointments.
- Time to talk, supporting you while you work through the emotions you are experiencing.
- Information about the role of other agencies and the procedures involved in the Criminal Justice System and anti-social behaviour.
- Support while you talk to other agencies.
- Help with completing CICA (Criminal Injuries Compensation Awards).
- Support in court for witnesses, including pre-trial visit to the court.