Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Housing services

How to apply for council housing

Find out how to apply for council housing.

Housing application form

pdf icon Download housing application form [595kb]

Proof of circumstances

You must provide proof of your circumstances when you return your application form. These must be original documents.

You can take documents to our Customer Service points in our Barrhead and Giffnock offices to be photocopied.

You need to provide one document from each category:

Proof of address

  • council tax bill from current financial year
  • utility bill from past 3 months
  • bank statement for the last 3 months

Proof of identity

  • passport
  • driving licence or provisional licence
  • letter from DWP or HMRC
  • benefit award letter and P60

Proof of National Insurance number

  • National Insurance card
  • payslip, P60 or benefit award letter
  • letter from the DWP or HMRC

After you submit your application 

You'll receive a confirmation letter with your reference number.

You'll also receive a registration letter confirming your choices  and the number of points you have. The number of points you have will decide where we place you on the waiting list.

We award points in line with our housing allocations policy.

0141 577 3001

Related information

How we allocate our council houses


Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)