Caravan and campsite licence
Apply for a caravan and campsite licence.
Before you start
To run a caravan site or campsite you need a licence from the local authority.
Conditions of licence:
- Restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation
- Restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- Controlling the types of caravans on the site
- Controlling the positioning of the caravans
- Controlling the use of other structures and vehicles, including tents
- Ensuring steps are taken add to the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- Ensuring that sanitary facilities, services and equipment are available and maintained
- Fire safety and fire fighting controls
You must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.
Licences won't be issued to applicants who've had a site licence officially cancelled within 3 years of the current application.
£813 from 1 April 2022
Apply online via the GOV.UK website
- Apply for a caravan/camping site licence (opens new window) .
- Tell us about a change to your existing caravan or camp site (opens new window) .
- Transfer a caravan/camping site licence (opens new window) .
What happens next?
Your application will be processed.
If you don't hear from us within a reasonable period phone 0141 577 4684.
If your application is refused
If your licence is refused you can appeal to the Sheriff by writing to Paisley Sheriff Court.
The appeal must be made within 28 days of the refusal.